Rhinoseptoplasty is a branch of plastic surgery focused on effective and visual improvement of the appearance of the nose. It is the aesthetic considerations that are the most important factor, mainly for women, influencing the decision to perform plastic surgery, in which the surgery of the tip of the nose is performed.
To a small extent, the cause of surgical correction are respiratory dysfunctions associated with, for example, a curved septum. However, the appearance of the organ of smell does not always require a comprehensive renewal, because a specific type of defect, the most common, is the drooping or raised tip of the nose, so in this case the cartilage correction procedure is performed. Thus, the correction of the cartilage part of the nose allows not only to improve the appearance, but also to increase the comfort of life.
90 - 160 min
What is the procedure?
Depending on the abnormality - whether in the shape of the nose or its functionality - at the Mea Clinic in Warsaw, we perform plastic surgery of the nose, which concerns, among others:
- size and visual consistency with the face,
- spine width,
general profile, including bulges or concavities,
- tip with a characteristic bulbous or drooping or upturned shape,
- wings too large or wide,
- asymmetry and lateral curvature,
- incorrect setting of the septum,
- genetically determined or acquired as a result of trauma.
Rhinoplasty is aimed at improving the general comfort of patients, improving their health (less frequent infections) and improving their well-being.
Correction of the nose, rhinoplasty- convalescence
Immediately after performing a specific procedure, a special tamponade is placed in the middle of the nose (tight filling of the organ with seton - a gauze strip soaked in paraffin or glycerin) in order to stop the bleeding and an external immobilizing plaster dressing. After three or four days, remove the tamponade and change the dressing.
What is important, which we pay special attention to dispel any concerns, in the first days after the correction, it is possible that swelling appears on the face, especially near the eyelids. With time, they subside, although small, local occurrences may persist for about a month. Also the phenomenon of nasal congestion (this is only an impression) can accompany us for a longer period. This is the effect of swelling of the mucous membrane.
A standardized lifestyle and ensuring a comfortable rest are our recommendations for the first few days after the procedure. Avoid strenuous exercise for at least a month. We should not use the sauna and solarium. We didn't wear glasses for about three weeks. Try to touch your nose as little as possible or wipe it too hard. We must be aware that the success of the correction procedure undertaken by us depends to a large extent on strict adherence to postoperative recommendations.
Correction of the nose, correction of the cartilaginous part of the nose - what is the procedure?
It is true that the correction of the nose is an extremely popular facial surgery, but it is also an extremely complicated procedure. Only a person with completed nasal development can undergo them. Usually, in our MEA Clinic in Warsaw, we perform operations to transform the settings and size of the wing cartilages.
It is not uncommon to correct the tip of the nose due to the planned shortening of the septum, including the anterior nasal spine. Depending on the existing deformations, we perform dedicated corrective treatments functioning as part of rhinoplasty:
- removal of the middle part of the wing cartilage - the aim of our operations is to reduce the height of the too upturned tip of the nose,
- suturing two wing cartilages - when performing this procedure, we raise the tip of the nose to the appropriate height for the shape of the face,
- narrowing of the wide nostrils - in this case we remove the side part of the nostrils,
- modeling too convex nostrils - we make small cartilage cuts, and then sew them together so as to obtain the planned shape of the nose.
Each operation related to the correction of the tip of the nose is a rather complicated surgical process, as we have already mentioned, and at the same time complex. You should also be aware that we have to wait about 6 months for the first effects, which is certainly not comfortable for the patient.
However, it is worth sacrificing in a sense, when after complete hardening of the cartilage and bone structures, we get not only an effective visualization of the face, but also full mental comfort. And there is nothing strange about it, since thanks to the correction of the tip of the nose, we eliminate the cause of the complexes that often affect our behavior in the personal and professional sphere.
How to make an appointment for a consultation?
Please contact the clinic reception by phone at the following numbers:
- 698 925 498.
We arrange consultations only by phone.
We do not arrange medical appointments via SMS, e-mail, private messages in social media or via external portals.
For patients from outside Warsaw who are determined to undergo the procedure without prior consultation, please send 4-6 photos of your face by e-mail: both profiles, en face and en face with a slight smile (so that the teeth are visible) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of the treatment includes:
1 pre-treatment consultation
surgery with anesthesia
taking out stitches
2 follow-up visits
confirmed blood group,
blood sugar level
the level of blood clotting indicators - APTT, INR,
the presence of HBS antigens (HbsAg) in the blood - the presence of HBV means hepatitis B,
the presence of Anti-HCV antibodies in the blood - the detected presence means viral infection with hepatitis C,
the presence of HIV in the blood.
- blood clotting problems or use of blood thinners
- pregnancy and lactation period
- inflammations and infections
- active herpes
- antibiotic therapy (wait 2 weeks)
- the presence of purulent sinusitis,
- arterial hypertension - untreated or incorrectly treated,
- facial inflammation,
- anemia (anemia) - a set of disease symptoms with a lower than normal level of hemoglobin and hematocrit index, as well as with a smaller number of erythrocytes (red blood cells),
- hereditary thromboembolic diseases,
- diabetes – depending on its nature, correction of the tip of the nose can be carried out.